Reviewing Topics At A Glance:
-> Is UpWork Safe ? What Is It All About ?
-> Points To Remember On How To Take Safe Projects.
-> What Are The Pros And Cons Of Using It ?
-> Trust Score And Other Rankings.
-> Conclusion: Should We Use It ?
Looking for part time online jobs ? Want to work as a freelancer for reputed companies ? Are you a veteran on your skills that you have ? Then you must consider UpWork as your primary concern. They connect person to person or person to companies for the work they desired to do.
So, What Is UpWork All About ? – Best In Class Freelancing Site For professionals !!!
UpWork is a global freelancing platform or an online workplace headquartered in Mountain View, California, the USA where both businesses and the professional job seekers are linked and collaborate each other. It was formerly known as Elance-oDesk and rebranded into UpWork in 2015. It is founded by Stratis Karamanlakis, Odysseas Tsatalos. In overall, we can say that it is beneficial for both the parties who wants to connect each other in order to complete projects.
When we looks into deeper, I can easily say their platform currently holds 12 million registered members/freelancers and the number is still growing rapidly. In addition to this, annually job posting gross around 3 million which is worth of $1billion in work completion. JUST WOW… right ? This is why am saying this is not a place for beginners who can just register an account and search for jobs. At the same time am not saying it's tough either but still you will find it bit difficult to compete with others out there.
Is UpWork Safe or Is There Anything To Worry About It ? – UpWork Is Totally Worth But Still….
In many forums and in other discussion sites I heard from many people that UpWork is totally a fraud site and it is scamming others. Is it really a scam site ? As an active member, I can confidently say NO!! it is not, then you may be thinking why others are raising a false statement against UpWork. The answer is simple, scammers are not only targeting their prey through emails and messages, however, they are also very active in such freelancing sites as well. So you should little bit of cautious before you take a project.
Secondly, I don't think so UpWork is for beginners because there are so many profiles which give a tight competition for them to grow and chances are very less for them in order to grow. Hmm… there are possible ways you can easily get cheated. In, such freelancing sites, Fraudsters will use you to make their jobs done and after that, they just vanish away without paying you for your efforts what you made.
Steps To Take Safe & Genuine Projects
There are many ways you can easily get cheated. In, many freelancing sites, Fraudsters will use you to make their jobs done and after that, they just vanish away without paying you for your efforts. But you can avoid this threat if you are following these steps before you take a project from these freelancing sites:
- Please Do Read Your Project Descriptions Patiently: Many beginners in such giant freelancing sites like UpWork will take projects blindly without reading clients profile. Never do that, genuine clients clearly mention few things such as what exactly they want, whom they want, their policy about payment, duration of projects. Therefore, choose your client wisely and don't get fooled by yourself.
- Make Double Sure With Your Client's Transparency: Every client with blank profile doesn't mean that they are fake. You can still pick them uprightly by checking the client's ratings, feedbacks they got for their completed works. A reliable client definitely having a great ratings & reviews.
- Never Take A Test Job Or Free Samples: In some occasions, buyers may ask for free sample works from applicants. This is strictly against UpWork's terms and conditions. This is not accepted since frauds demand to do a free sample work for them saying this is to test your experience but truth is that this is an another way to done their works at zero cost.
- Always follow a secured payment for every project you take: Freelancing sites like UpWork provides escrow systems for securing and preventing payment disputes. So when going for a fixed price contract or hourly job contract just ensure that every milestone payment is financed on escrow and also see whether the client's payment method is secured or verified.
These are the main things you should take care about after registering with UpWork freelancing site. If you follow these steps then definitely you can perform very well inside.
Read More: Top 10 Online Businesses You Can Start Today
Therefore, so far we discussed what is UpWork about & whether is UpWork a scam or not and how to follow it properly. Now let us discuss how does it work and what are its pros and cons.
How UpWork Works ?
In UpWork, anyone can offer or take a job anything that can be processed on a computer, i.e, from the web to mobile programming, developing mobile apps or websites, etc…
UpWork Agency receives 10% of the amount paid to your freelancer once you hired. Major billing methods are PayPal, Credit Card and Bank Transfer.
For example: Suppose the project is over and you have to pay an amount of $20 to your freelancer then they send your payment to him in which total of $18 dollar Freelancer will be getting and rest $2 goes to UpWork.
Pros & Cons: From My Personal Experience
As far as now, we already discussed is UpWork safe or not and let me tell you what I liked and what I don't like about them.
- One of the main advantages of UpWork is that it is totally free to use.
- It provides 24/7 customer support and direct phone calls.
- It is very easy to navigate and having a user-friendly interface.
- It is loaded with a community in which you can discuss and share your thoughts.
- Excellent tech support and beginner to veteran freelancers.
- The site is secured with SSL and 90% fraud-free.
- Can reach out to many clients anywhere in the globe.
- Even mobile apps are available for free download as well.
- Phone calls are quite expensive and they don't have a toll free number.
- Getting a job for a freelancer is not easy since competitors are high in number.
- Agency's rate of commission is quite high.
- Too much of fake clients who won't pay their freelancers.
Total Score & Other Rankings
Website Url: www.upwork.com
Alexa Rank: 463 (Globally )
Domain Authority: 79 ( Excellent )
Conclusion: Should We Join Here ?
UpWork already boasted with over 9,00,000 clients, more than 4.5m freelancers, and a total of 1billion worth of projects are completed so far. Not only that, it comes to the rank of top 1000 sites in the world according to Alexa.
So if you are asking me again whether is UpWork a scam still I can say NO. But yes of course for newcomers it will be very difficult to get a genuine project and moreover, it is proven that it is tough to get a job in it.
Final Verdict: ONLY RECOMMENDED FOR EXPERIENCED PEOPLE AND NEVER RECOMMENDS FOR BEGINNERS !!!
Thanks for reading my honest review and I hope you understood now is UpWork safe or not and how best they are as mediators. So take your decisions wisely before you join into it and make sure you can make better earnings from it or if not just stay away from it.
Do you want to explore its alternatives ? Check out the review report of TopTal
ARE YOU AN EXISTING MEMBER ? DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO SHARE ? PLEASE DO IT BELOW LET OTHERS KNOW AS WELL.
Still having doubts whether to join or not ? Just leave a comment below ….I CAN HELP YOU OUT !!!!